The CUSA operations team offers superior hotel and commercial receivership and management services to branded full-service hotels, independent hotels as well as limited service hotels, office, retail, mixed use, and multi-family properties. No matter what the property type is, CUSA’s expertise achieves the ultimate goals of the property.
CUSA takes pride in staffing our hotels and resorts with some of the industry’s leading professionals who have the experience to implement our vision and values into every aspect of operations.
CUSA’s team of Accounting/Finance, Operations, Sales & Marketing, Food & Beverage, and Human Resources work together to ensure maximum value revenue with minimum expense.
General Operations Advantages
- Executive team conducts both scheduled and unscheduled on-site quality inspections
- Audit all life safety programs
- Review past performance of property versus competitive set, identify opportunities and establish new goals
- Guest satisfaction analysis
- Ensure each hotel property is in compliance with all brand standards.
Our scores are consistently higher than brand averages
- Well-versed in ongoing federal regulations such as ADA, FMLA, OSHA, and COBRA
- Understand the goal of each owner and set budgets for projects
- Establish capital budgets for large improvements
- Oversee new construction, renovations, and redecorating to enhance market appeal and meet brand standards and requirements
- Work with regional contractors, designers, and vendors to complete projects in a timely manner and control costs – this ensures quality and adherence to brand standards
- Monthly reviews of revenue, expenses, and operational status
- Operating forecasts
- Regional operations and sales teams who meet regularly to make sure we maximize revenue and cost control opportunities
- Audit current operating systems and expenses, including operating costs and payroll
- Annual operating budgets
- Monthly P&L Review with each property
Nationwide vendors provide the best value for each operation. We have established relationships with these vendors and are able to take advantage of national account pricing, and can often negotiate volume purchasing agreements. This results in significant cost advantages.
Our expertise meets & exceeds your needs
- Institute of Real Estate Management awarded the Accredited Management Organization designation for Certified Property Managers (CPM), Real Property Administrator (RPA), and Certified Shopping Center Manager (CSM)
- 24/7 emergency response
- Executive team to oversee on-site property managers and perform routine property inspections
- Assess if the building has a maintenance, vacancy, or marketing problem
- Contract management, lease administration, and auditing
- Analysis of market rents
- Tenant screening
- Tenant retention programs
- Manage tenant relations – receiving and resolving tenant concerns
- Oversee all building mechanical systems
- Operating expense and CAM Reconciliation
- Development and Implementation of preventative maintenance programs
- Prepare specifications for all contracted work, obtain competitive bids, and supervise all projects
- Ensure all procedures are in compliance with all federal, state, county, and local governmezntal statutes, as well as administrative regulations, ordinances, fire, health, and safety codes.
- Cost/benefit analysis for capital improvements
- Vendor management
- Property preservation and inspections
- Insurance claim management
- Marketing review and management through an approved broker