Through three economic downturns and multiple real estate cycles, our experts have worked with numerous courts throughout the country providing receivership and property management services. We have helped financial institutions and private owners across the country to maximize the value of their real estate assets through innovative development strategies and proven systems. CUSA’s portfolio of success stories contains properties of all shapes and sizes. We provide the highest level of expertise necessary to maximize profitability to each and every one of our clients. You can be confident in working with CUSA for your receivership needs.
CUSA Specializes in Underperforming Assets and Workout Scenarios
We manage for performing hospitality and commercial assets and are able to combine more than 90 years of collective expertise along with our clear understanding of the specific challenges of managing a distressed asset. We partner with owners, banks, financial institutions, or special servicers to evaluate the asset and develop a strategic plan of management to successfully turn around and/or transition the asset. We work to increase the asset’s value or develop an exit strategy to maximize the investment upon the sale of the asset if this is the desired result.
Achieve Maximum Recovery on Your Non-performing Commercial Loans
CUSA currently serves as a court-appointed receiver for numerous hotels and commercial properties across the country. We partner with financial institutions, lenders, and asset management companies to assist them in the loan resolution process; providing superior 3rd party management for their troubled asset. Combining our strong partner relationships along with our extensive management experience, brand awareness, and solid operating procedures, we consistently achieve superior performance in enhancing the assets value and success.We have developed trusted relationships with the industry’s top real estate brokers; working jointly to develop a cost-conscious, proven plan to effectively market and sell the asset in the shortest time possible.
- Same quality attention to short term as long term asset receiverships.
- Pre-transition Analysis.
- Immediate deployment of Distressed Mgmt. team to take over receivership property, Nationwide.
- Quickly Secure and Stabilize the Asset.
- Communicate with Special Servicer or Lender to understand their goal for the property and establish operations plan.
- Identify all assets including cash, bank accounts, account records, and inventory.
- Prompt attention to liability issues – Franchise negotiations, accounting, cash handling and delinquencies, taxes, labor, environmental, safety and insurance.
- Open New Bank Accounts and setting up new account records.
- Review Employees/Rehire.
- Immediately Communicate with Supplies and Creditors.
- Review all properties conditions and procedures, provide operational assessment and resolution strategy.
- Administer tenant compliance.
- Create tenant retention strategies.
- Robust sales and Marketing programs to increase revenue.
- Partner with Local Broker to market and sell the asset.
- Receivership Reporting.
Highly knowledgeable and experienced in dealing with building code enforcers, contractors, life safety and fire issues, and liquor licences
CUSA manages and provides receivership services for both full and limited service hotel, Spas, Bed and Breakfast Inns, Conference Centers, Hotels with waterparks, as well as Commercial properties of all varying types and sizes. We operate facilities nationwide.
Some of our receivership and bankruptcy appointments include:
- Circuit Court of Ninth Judicial Circuit – Osceola County, FL
- Circuit Court of Eighth Judicial Circuit – Alachua County, FL
- United States Bankruptcy Court – Middle District of FL
- Superior Court of Guilford County, NC
- United States Bankruptcy Court – Atlanta, GA
- State of Indiana, Marion County Superior Court
- Superior Court of Gwinnett County – State of Georgia
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts – Suffolk SS Superior Court
- Circuit Court of the 7th Judicial Circuit – Volusia County, FL
- United States Bankruptcy Court for Western District of Louisiana
- Superior Court of New Jersey, Chancery Division Salem Count
- Superior Court of New Jersey, Chancery Division Ocean County
- United States Bankruptcy Court – Baltimore, MD
- United States Bankruptcy Court – Chattanooga, TN
- Chancery Court for Maury County, TN
- Superior Court of California, County of Sacramento
- Circuit Court of 16th Judicial Circuit, Kane County IL
- Circuit Court of 13th Judicial Circuit – Hillsborough County, FL
- Circuit Court of the 5th Judicial Circuit Hernando County, FL
- Full-service Hotels
- Limited Service Hotels
- Extended Stay
- Golf Courses
- Conference Centers
- Bed & breakfast
- Condominium Hotels
- Mixed Use
- Retail Shopping Center
- Office Building