Job Title: Accounting Manager
Department: Corporate Accounting Division
Reports To: Corporate Controller
FLSA Status: Exempted – Salary
Employment Status: Regular, Full-time
The Accounting Manager is responsible for preparing the monthly profit and loss statements for designated properties assigned by the Corporate Controller. The Accounting Manager will supervise and direct field personnel in order to prepare the monthly financial reports in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Individual will work in conjunction with field staff to ensure accounting policies and procedures are in place and ensure property safeguards to protect the hotels assets. The Accounting Manager will travel to properties to participate in property transitions and conduct necessary audits of accounting policies and procedures.
CUSA, LLC MISSION & VALUES
CUSA, LLC Mission is an innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the following:
- Performs all accounting functions as it relates to property(s) in a responsible and ethical manner.
- Responsible for implementation of all policies and procedures for accounting.
- Responsible for completing monthly financial statements, balance sheet and general ledger entries to ensure accuracy of reporting.
- Coordinate and manage month-end financial reporting process, conduct financial reviews and resolution of issues/discrepancies.
- Ensure compliance with all state, federal and local laws and timely payments.
- Manages accounts payable/cash disbursement process for all property related entities.
- Prepare and submit periodic loan compliance reporting for managed properties where applicable.
- Coordinate internal audits of the properties; manage the implementation and resolution of findings.
- M3 PMS verifications, deposit verifications, sales tax/occupancy tax verifications and preparation to ensure on time filing.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining all payable and receivable files oversight with designated properties.
- Maintain and upkeep of CUSA directory, Files, File serves files.
- Responsible for assembly of monthly financial statements and packaging to ownership.
- Responsible for setting up new hotel properties within M3 accounting software system, setting up bank accounts and merchant accounts.
- Responsible for ensuring property cost controls and cash handling/deposit procedures are followed.
- Responsible for working with property owners on cash flow and proper cash liquidity.
- Maintains proper controls and procedures for property petty cash.
- Assists in preparation of property budgets and ensures they are uploaded properly.
- Prepares daily, weekly and monthly reporting as required by the corporate office.
- Participate in accounting meetings and conduct field accounting meetings to ensure compliance.
- Maintains general ledger and records for managed hotels and their related affiliate ownership entities.
- Monthly postings, reconciling and completing bank reconciliations per assigned if needed
- Compiles month end posting of accruals (utility and trade AP) per assigned properties
- Import payroll entries and payroll accruals to assigned properties
- Ensures compliance with 1099 vendors through ensuring property is securing W-9 forms and information.
- Attends Corporate Staff Meetings and complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Develop and conduct ongoing training sessions to ensure consistency and compliance with accounting policies and procedures in the field.
- Responsible for on-boarding of new properties.
- Prepare work papers and provide support for annual tax returns and audits.
- Support company and managed hotel operations in attaining and exceeding financial goals.
- Other administrative tasks and duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity, take ownership of personal and team actions, communicate effectively, promote collaboration. Nurture a positive, professional work environment and ensure development and adherence to CUSA, LLC accounting policies and procedures and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Daily PMS verifications as assigned
- Responsible for posting of corrective entries into M3 for maintaining correct ledger balances
- Processes accounts payable and posting of vendor invoices in accounting software
- Responsible for posting journal entries into M3
- Review weekly submission income audit of: revenues, credit cards submissions, and hotel statistics
- Corresponds through reporting any variances or M3 out of balances to CUSA Controller and field personnel.
- Ensures proper backup and documentation are filed properly.
- Ensures receipt property verification of bank depositing and the entry of bank deposit into financial systems
- Reads all e-mails and responds within a reasonable time frame
- Responsible for communication with Corporate Controller.
- Weekly Accounts Payable of multiple properties:
- Processing and completing vendor weekly check runs
- Print AP Aging reports for review and approval
- Copy invoices, file invoices and mail approved vendor checks
- Posting image of checks and invoices into accounting financial system – M3
- Processing petty cash, expense reports, and verifying proper coding of invoices to chart of Accounts
- Review vendor statements for past due amounts to be paid, if needed
- Any other duties or responsibilities of assigned by management, as needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
NOTE: The foregoing list is intended to be a summary of duties and responsibilities required of the person who assumes the position noted above. The list may be expanded, reduced, or changed in any way that the Company, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate in order to accommodate the various business interests of the Company.I have received, reviewed and understand the job description. I realize that this job description is an overview and my duties are not limited to the above and are subject to modifications to best suit the Company.
Candidates can email their resumes to Melissa Mancini at email@example.com .